Friday, March 21, 2008

Vintage Spring Smells


Spring is here officially and it is also close to full moon and it is also Good Friday.....
make of it what you will. I am trying to see this as a positive. Right now my home is filled with the smell of hyacinth... I bought a plant at Home Depot last week and it is in full bloom. There are some smells that are very "old fashioned" or vintage to me. When it comes to certain perfumes that I remember my Grandmother having, I think of spring flowers such as hyacinth, lilacs, and my favorite Lily of the Valley. I think they are not so popular now because they seem so "feminine" but I have certain fondness for these smells and look forward to having them around each spring. I will have to wait till May for the lilac and steal some off my neighbors bush.

No comments: